The Lawa Ridge Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplay Info

Year 1
Spring (March-May)

RP Status: OPEN!
Current Plot: N/A
Character Limit: 1

Latest topics
» Double Entendre
Restless Souls EmptyWed May 20, 2020 6:47 pm by Guest

» The Count-Up Game!
Restless Souls EmptyTue May 19, 2020 8:23 am by Omen

» THE FALL OF MAN: Animal Masters/Pet Humans RPG l No App
Restless Souls EmptyMon May 11, 2020 4:16 am by Guest

» Word Association
Restless Souls EmptyFri May 01, 2020 7:42 am by Arsa

» Coffee vs. Tea
Restless Souls EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 6:40 pm by Shadow

» low risk
Restless Souls EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 11:12 pm by Cedar

» hum of the ocean
Restless Souls EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 6:53 pm by Arsa

» Square One
Restless Souls EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 1:11 pm by Guest

» The Banned Letter Game
Restless Souls EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 7:08 am by Omen

» The Wolf Game
Restless Souls EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 12:24 am by Cedar

» Cool Down
Restless Souls EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 7:58 pm by Cedar

» INFIDELIS: A Modern Street Dog RP
Restless Souls EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 9:51 pm by Guest

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Restless Souls

2 posters

Go down

Restless Souls Empty Restless Souls

Post by Sath Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:15 am

>> SATH

The light rain plunking off the leaves up above and grass down below was a droning hum around her, a gentle weight that pulled down her pelt and tethered her to the earth. Sath loved it. From the slippery soil of the training fields to the occasional white lightning bolt up in the sky, wherever you looked there was something interesting going on. It was alive and teeming with energy, like her. She smiled as a thrum of lightning rattled her bones, and took a step further into the center of the clearing.

Most of the pack must still be at the den, or perhaps out exploring like her. Sath had been making a grand effort to get to know them all, but some things could only come with time. She liked her pack though, and liked leading them. Hopefully they liked her.

Sometimes the prospect of it all was so intimidating, and while she hated being intimidated, it was that which fueled her to do what she did. To have something to work towards when Sath was never given any guidelines or instructions on how to do any of this - and for a moment her mind drifted off to her parents, and how surprised they'd be to see her taking on any responsibility at all. Let alone the greatest one of all. She grew up in a large family after and... not much thought was spared for her as an individual. She was usually just lumped in with her trouble-making brothers while her calmer, smarter siblings got all the lectures and life lessons. A lot of what Sath learned she taught herself. Not that she was bitter about any of that, or anything.

Now, though, there were expectations weighing on her shoulders. Sath glanced around her, at what she supposedly owned. It was a lot, and it was why she was here, in the training fields of all places. To let loose and expend some energy that had boiled up under the hood while she tried her best to not be too rough on her pack. Sath bowed down in a deep stretch, blinking up in the rain and sticking out her tongue. She was just gonna go with whatever captured her interest, and would call it a night when it felt right.

Notes: This is rough I am so sorry akjvdvk... so tired. But let's do it!
Tags: @Revan
Sath
Sath
Alpha

OOC Name : Razza
Site Rank : Administrator

https://lawaridgepack.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Restless Souls Empty Re: Restless Souls

Post by Revan Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:09 pm

R E V A N

It was yet another rainy day in the territory of Lawa Ridge, and yet another day of patrolling the packs borders for one certain Guardian, despite the persistently inclement weather. Revan was soaked from nose to tail; his spikey fur frayed and muddied from travels, and his appearance in whole resembling that of an angry wet hen. But then again, the red and black male almost always had that angry look, even when he was doing something as enjoyable as wandering the Lawa Ridge borders. He couldn't really complain about the near constant rain, though. After all, what else was to be expected during spring? The grim male enjoyed the patter of raindrops upon his face and back, and he didn't care about the caked mud formed around his athletic legs; nobody would likely see him anyway, so far his time in this new pack had mostly been spent patrolling the territory and thwarting any danger that came forth. He had only really met some of his packmates, not yet sharing the close-knit bond that most pack wolves had amongst themselves, and it was debatable if he ever would. Many of the wolves within Lawa Ridge were just faces he had seen passing by, and the dark wolf was content with keeping it that way. As long as he did his job, he saw no reason why he would have to make anything more than mere acquaintances. He was a solitary traveller used to the life of a rogue, and he had no problem with being alone.

However, as Revan rounded the peak of a grassy, muddy hill and gazed down into what he knew as the training grounds, he found that he wasn't as alone as he had previously thought. Crimson eyes quickly caught sight of a red and white form amongst the tall, wet grass. Revan paused a moment as he watched, only taking seconds to recognize his superior, Sath, who appeared to be...well, the male wasn't quite sure himself. The alphess was one of the wolves that Revan had only gained the acquaintance of as of yet, but he thought her to be a care-free leader, if not a little too care-free in his opinion. Though even if she had the friendliness of a young pup, the Guardian figured it best to hand off any reports on the territory to the female now rather than later, when he'd have to deal with the multiple wolves at the densite instead. As soon as he thought of the crowded area Revan made up his mind, setting into a cautious trot as he picked his way down the muddy slope, careful not to slip. Thankfully he was sure-footed, and it was only a matter of time before he was approaching his leader from behind.

"Alphess Sath," Revan suddenly spoke, pausing his stride only a few paces behind the shorter wolf. Though he gave a respectful nod of acknowledgement, the black and red male gave no other signs of submission to his higher-up. He wasn't one to respect easily, nor cower in general. If the leader of Lawa Ridge wanted his respect, she would have to earn it just like any other.

Tags: @sath
Addressed: Sath
Notes: Sorry this kinda sucks but!
Revan
Revan
Guardian

OOC Name : Dodge
Site Rank : Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sath Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:01 pm

>> SATH

Sath shifted her weight in her stretch, pressing her tapered hips down and extending her legs behind her, feeling some of the tension in her back finally begin to wane. She licked her chops while doing so, savoring the taste of the rainwater and finally standing up, shaking out her pelt and sending a flurry of little droplets scattering around her.

Beneath the sound of the rain she hadn't heard anyone else approach, and startled when a voice sounded out behind her, her claws sunk deep into the earth to prevent her from slipping. "Alphess Sath," it called. Sath's head whipped around, rain getting in her eyes, only for her to see a strange sight indeed: Revan, further inland than she most often caught him. Immediately her expression changed, a sharp grin overtaking her features. "Revan!" she returned, spinning around to face him. "I didn't know I had company."

Of all her newest pack members, Revan was by far the most intimidating-looking, and mysterious at that. She knew very little about him other than he took his new job almost as seriously as he took himself. Not that Sath minded - if anything it only motivated her to learn more about him, and she appreciated his work as much as anyone else's. He was a challenge though, she'd think, and today she was feeling more testing than usual. Her green eyes sharply matched his crimson ones, noticing that he did not bend or bow in her presence like most still felt they must. Only addressing her by her official title. "What brings you out here, hm? Never thought I'd see you so far from our borders."

Notes: -
Sath
Sath
Alpha

Back to top Go down

Post by Revan Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:38 am

R E V A N

In his approach, the Guardian came just within bounds of the dashing of droplets his ruler shook out before realizing his presence. Revan shut his crimson eyes with a scowl, taking in a deep breath of agitation even though he was already soaked. Nevertheless he remained still, grasping his limited patience.

"Revan!" The dark male gave a silent blink at the exclamation of his name. "I didn't know I had company." Ceasing to show any emotion as he steadily gazed at the female, Revan merely gave a short huff before responding in flat tone. "It is often those times in which one is severed due to pathetic observation skills." Blunt as ever, he gave no second thought as to how his words would be taken - offensively or not. After all, he knew he was right; one had to have quick reflexes if they wanted to survive. At least that was what he had learnt in his life as a loner. Perhaps he had yet to learn that pack wolves often relied on each other instead of their own instinct, however.

For the most part the morose Guardian had little to say, remaining silent unless required to speak. He wasn't necessarily one for small-talk, but he hadn't much to report about the territory borders; they were secure as could be. However, the happy-go-lucky alpha seemed to fill in any silence easily. . "What brings you out here, hm? Never thought I'd see you so far from our borders." She inquired. Revan, still as ever amongst the falling rain, merely quirked a sharp brow. "It is not just the borders that need protecting, I find it mandatory that my rounds also include the inner territory to sweep anything that could have gotten by." His tactic was thorough, as he took his rank and task seriously and worked hard to fulfill them. It may not be as necessary as he seemed to think of course, but with him being the only guard within the minimal pack, he took it upon himself to complete a large task that many would often participate in together. "I have accomplished a few rounds within the past days - all is as it should be." The tall male announced. His disposition was - as per usual - a neutral standstill, always preferring to stand and remain on guard as he awaited the leaders response.

Revan
Revan
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sath Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:26 pm

>> SATH

It was within mere seconds of being in Revan's presence that a red-hot stake was driven through Sath's good temperament. It wasn't his sour scowl or the lack of conversation he had to offer her, but the words he decided to roll in with, blunt and unacceptable. "It is often those times in which one is severed due to pathetic observation skills."

Where Sath was previously standing at a comfortable position in the rain, her posture was now stiff. Her good-natured expression dropped away to reveal a stony, unimpressed gaze. "Pathetic," she repeated to him, words carried slowly across the air between them. The rain was falling down around both wolves in buckets, the world humming with energy that Sath was so thrilled to be tapped into before, but now they both stood still as the southern mountains. "I'll stop you there, Revan, and remind you who's land you've been living on the past couple months. Land that I didn't claim and protect long before you by being 'pathetic', or getting 'severed'." She flashed him a humorless smile, and Sath tried to gently remind herself to not let the rage and insult get to her... at least not until she knew his intentions. She didn't know Revan yet, and he didn't know her, but should he get at least the benefit of the doubt at first, seeing as they were pack mates? Because Sath was not pathetic and she would not be called so to her face, in her own territory or elsewhere, now or ever. Her lip curled. Perhaps he misspoke.

Revan told her that he'd come with the intent to patrol, and perhaps the earlier disrespect was coloring Sath's hearing but she did not care for this man's tone at all. "It is not just the borders that need protecting, I find it mandatory that my rounds also include the inner territory to sweep anything that could have gotten by."

Sath let out a long breath, rolling her shoulders back and gaze sliding away the longer he spoke. "Yes," she added when he was done, eyes moving back to his, "I'd find it mandatory too, given that it's how a patrol usually works." She paused to break her stance, confidently turning her side to him and wiping her dirty forepaws on a patch of wet grass. She needed something else to focus on. Without looking up, she continued, voice clipped. "I only asked because the borders are your usual haunt, aren't they? It's called a joke. Surely I don't need to explain that to you?"

Sath finished and faced him again, taking a moment to mourn her excitement for this evening. Her disappointment showed but she powered on, lest he mansplain to her another one of her own pack's ranks, Sath thought with a private eye roll. She looked him up and down once, sniffing the air. "When was the last time you visited the den, anyway? Surely you'd wanna meet some of the new faces that you're working so hard to protect."

Sath
Sath
Alpha

Back to top Go down

Post by Revan Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:21 pm

R E V A N

Though his expression was that of its usual state at the beginning of this encounter, Revan's scowl deepened with the furrow of his brows as the leader repeated his wording. At first he didn't understand; it wasn't like 'pathetic' was a difficult word to comprehend, after all, but as she continued the Alphess's meaning soon became clear. "I'll stop you there, Revan, and remind you who's land you've been living on the past couple months. Land that I didn't claim and protect long before you by being 'pathetic', or getting 'severed'." At this, the Guardian didn't bother to hold back a dry scoff, his crimson eyes averting to the side in disbelief. "I will not be silenced merely because your feelings are hurt, I speak as i will." Perhaps he didn't understand that his blunt phrase of speech was the reason why they were discussing this to begin with, and that continuing on with such careless wording likely would not help the situation in the least, but of course he wasn't one to think about the consequences of his actions to in the first place.

Not that he really cared, but he was mildly bewildered as to why the usually happy-go-lucky female was seemingly so stiff all of the sudden, all due to a mere use of words before? If that was the case, he couldn't understand how someone so sensitive could manage to lead a pack themselves, he thought. Not to mention, he couldn't stand those types who thought they earned respect with a title - while he wasn't sure about this red and white female was like in those terms exactly, he was sure that she wasn't gaining any more respect than she already had. Revan remained silent past the dry confirmation of how patrols worked, reveling in his own thoughts as he watched Sath with a usual glare, only her next words catching his interest. The male gave a forced huff, remaining still as he spoke. "I am quite aware as to what a 'joke' is, a quip to cause either amusement or laughter," Safe to say, being used to the life of a loner left him with a lack of social skills that made him aloof of the meaning behind most sarcasm. "You fail with both." The morose Guardian then added. It certainly did take quite the bit to stir any form of amusement in him, unles it was paired with the pity of some unfortunate soul. To be fair, he wasn't even sure of the last time he laughed.

As he tried to remember such a time (and failed, as per usual), his train of thought was broken by the sniff of his leader and her following inquiries, making him bring his red gaze back to her sage eyes. "When was the last time you visited the den, anyway? Surely you'd wanna meet some of the new faces that you're working so hard to protect." Revan's own face dropped at the thought. Despite her seemingly being easy to offend, Alpha Sath had made a good point before; the borders were his usual domain, where he could be alone and left to his work whenever he wished without the worries of other packmates interfering and messing things up. "I hold minimal interest in those who shelter themselves with the protection of the densite. I have a mission to execute and that is what I do for the pack as a whole, not any individual members." He was content with being solitary, and if ever he became depressed of brooding he could always visit the camp for a distractions, but that was only in desperate matters. As the red and black male had spoke, his short term memory made him momentarily forget that he was asked a question, and he was quick to add; "I have not been to the den for quite a few nights now, I am just now beginning my inner sweep of the territory."

Notes: Here we go >: )
Revan
Revan
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sath Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:57 am

>> SATH

Revan scoffed at her. Scoffed. Sath's chest rumbled with a growl of warning, the alpha's short fuse was reaching it's end. Revan wouldn't meet her eyes and heed her hints there, either. "I will not be silenced merely because your feelings are hurt, I speak as I will." Her feelings?!

Sath stalked forward several paces until her and the Guardian were at arm's length, and she didn't snarl exactly but her teeth were bared, her stance as strong and confident as the trees that lined the training grounds. Sath hadn't been confronted with this type of behavior yet in the pack, and admittedly hadn't prepared for what she'd do when this moment came, but her instincts were strong. They'd gotten her this far, she thought, and looked right in his eye. "Respect, Revan," she deadpanned, just as blunt as he'd been with her. She searched his permanent scowl with her lip still curled. "Not your silence, your respect."

Why was that so hard to understand? Surely this dude had either been in or heard of packs before, and knew how they worked. She gave him a place to stay, a group to hunt and feed with, a sense of purpose - which he seemed to be taking very seriously. In return Sath needed to be recognized as his leader. Maybe some packs operated differently, but Sath liked to think her style of leadership was pretty straightforward and effective, as long as imbeciles didn't threaten it... or her, for that matter. She squinted her eyes at him further, wondering how exactly she'd get that message through such a big, thick skull. 

As if to prove her point, he huffed again and explained to her what a joke was, and that she "failed" to deliever hers. Sath sighed so deeply she felt it in her bones, and she just brought up the back of her forepaw to rub at her temple. "Gods..." She closed her eyes, listening as he put into words what he'd already made clear. "I hold minimal interest in those who shelter themselves with the protection of the densite. I have a mission to execute and that is what I do for the pack as a whole, not any individual members."

Sath perked up and opened her jaws to bark at him, watch your mouth, but they snapped shut as soon as she remembered what they'd discussed before. Respect, not silence. Fuck. Attempting a deep, soothing breath, she stared him down and spoke through her teeth. "Well, start taking an interest," she pressed, patience thin as ice. Sath's face twitched, but then an idea struck her and her brows quirked up.

She took one paw and roughly - maybe a little rougher than necessary - shoved his shoulder. "How about this," she grinned. "From now on, you'll meet me at the den at least once... no, twice a week, to give me a report on your patrols." Sath took a step back, looking him up and down. Without knowing your packmates, what was the point of patrolling for them, with them? What was the point of a pack? Sath liked her idea the more she thought of it - maybe being around others would teach this brute a thing or two about how to treat his higher ups, and how to speak a little more highly of the pack in general. Because if he didn't start... well, the thought of chasing him off didn't exactly upset her, she thought with a private smirk. Not for now.

Last edited by Sath on Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling is dumb)
Sath
Sath
Alpha

Back to top Go down

Post by Revan Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:25 pm

R E V A N

Revan ignored the female's low growl, far from unsettled by her show of impatience. Instead, the dark pelted wolf watched with a vigilant glare as she stormed closer, stance unmoving. "Respect,Revan." The male raised a brow, not at Sath's aggravated pucker nor abrupt tone, but her words at hand. "Not your silence, your respect." He wasn't exactly shocked, perhaps it was common attribute of a leader to expect respect from those below them, but as far as Revan cared respect and following had to be earned. "And what is it that you have done to earn my respect?" He inquired gruffly, keeping his crimson eyes locked on her gaze. Sath may hope for respect, and she may be of higher rank than him, but he wasn't about to roll over to anyone - the secluded male just didn't know what trouble that could cause.

With his permanent scowl, Revan watched the alpha steadily, reading her bodily language and keeping his own emotions in his back pocket as he went through confused at her sigh, mistrustful at her near snap, annoyed by her demand of interest, and again confused at her sudden, bright grin. He really wasn't used to how others functioned, but he hid it well enough. "It is not necessary that I socialize with every pack member, i will do so if and only when the need calls fo--oof!" The black and copper hued male staggered a singular step back at the leader's push. She may be short, but she was strong it seemed. Revan's lip curled in disgust, irked by the touch and antagonizing gesture alike. "How about this, from now on, you'll meet me at the den at least once... no, twice a week, to give me a report on your patrols." Revan hardly saw that as a compromise, he could easily find a way out of such a situation, in fact... "Perhaps, in that case, i will merely report and set out on my next patrol right after." A frown still occupied his dark face, but a near challenging glint could be seen to his red eyes. She hadn't said that he needed to stay after giving her the details of the territory, after all, and it was his ranks duty to patrol the borders and defend them, not join tea parties with the other packmates.
Revan
Revan
Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content