The Lawa Ridge Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplay Info

Year 1
Spring (March-May)

RP Status: OPEN!
Current Plot: N/A
Character Limit: 1

Latest topics
» Double Entendre
Elevated  EmptyWed May 20, 2020 6:47 pm by Guest

» The Count-Up Game!
Elevated  EmptyTue May 19, 2020 8:23 am by Omen

» THE FALL OF MAN: Animal Masters/Pet Humans RPG l No App
Elevated  EmptyMon May 11, 2020 4:16 am by Guest

» Word Association
Elevated  EmptyFri May 01, 2020 7:42 am by Arsa

» Coffee vs. Tea
Elevated  EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 6:40 pm by Shadow

» low risk
Elevated  EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 11:12 pm by Cedar

» hum of the ocean
Elevated  EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 6:53 pm by Arsa

» Square One
Elevated  EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 1:11 pm by Guest

» The Banned Letter Game
Elevated  EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 7:08 am by Omen

» The Wolf Game
Elevated  EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 12:24 am by Cedar

» Cool Down
Elevated  EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 7:58 pm by Cedar

» INFIDELIS: A Modern Street Dog RP
Elevated  EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 9:51 pm by Guest

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Elevated

3 posters

Go down

Elevated  Empty Elevated

Post by Naveen الكن Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:10 am

The afternoon sun warms his slender yet toned back as the lone male slips out from the foliage towards the less dense, dusty trails with earth and rock giving way beneath nimble paws. Finally the sun has graced the land with its presence to thaw out the last of winter's harsh bite. His fur doesn't do well in the fall or winter months, so Naveen finds himself spending a lot of time practically in or close to the den. The trees of the forest at least did well to shield him from the nipping frost but his thin body was quick to seek shelter after only an hour of exposure. Now...now, he doesn't need to worry about that or cradling himself against a pack member for warmth. Spring is here and it's absolutely his favorite season. As he steps into the more open pathways the sun gleams down and highlights the cinnamon mixed into his creamy coat. The medic's jaw splits into a silent laugh of joy as he suddenly picks up speed, rushing along the trail to race his shadow up to the top of the cliffs.

From here the view is nothing short of exquisite. Honestly the cliffs are an ideal place to gather roots revealed by spring's reckoning, but that's mostly Naveen's excuse to come up here during the spring. The entire land is blanketed in flowers. Vibrant waves of violet, red, pink, yellow, orange, indigos, you name it, all atop a glorious lush land while the lake itself is pristine and soothing to the environment. The Lawa Pack is truly blessed to have found this place and come together to form their legacies. He most certainly feels a touch of destiny to each wolf in the pack, even to the aloof loners they've come across. A few have even joined. With a deep inhale to enjoy the spraying waterfall to his right the nubile wolf closes his eyes to savor the tranquility of the place. He inwardly thanks his ancestors for having guided him to the Lawa Pack after splitting from his siblings, he can only hope they were as lucky as he had been.

There's a rumor of some sort of cave down behind the waterfall and no doubt he might find some rare roots or mushrooms down there. Anything to help the pack. However that cave isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so...he wishes to relish his time in the sunshine just a while longer yet. A warm wind blows across the top of the cliffs to fall over the canyon which has his tail wagging. He's been cooped up for so long and now the sun is out with spring time, he just...well, he wishes to sing! Naveen wags his tail at the splendid sight of the glimmering lake and flora all making up their innermost territory before throwing his head back to howl, radiating joy from his voice and nearly dancing in place as he pivots in place to leap on top of a boulder overlooking the waterfall, twinkling droplets spraying at his narrow chest and thin forelegs.

Last edited by Naveen الكن on Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:37 pm; edited 4 times in total

Naveen الكن
Medic

OOC Name : Pesty

Back to top Go down

Elevated  Empty Re: Elevated

Post by Omen Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:48 am

Elevated  99aea710
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omen pads happily through the vibrant, colourful flowers of Spring. After his seven-hour nap, he was eager to stretch his legs for a bit. He would return to his duties soon, but he wanted a bit of time to himself, first... even if he had been alone all morning. There was something truly wonderful about the way the cool Spring breeze coursed through his fur up here. He closed his eyes for a moment and took in a breath of the fresh air, then he sighed happily. This was perfect. At least, it was until he realised he wasn't alone. A joyous howl split through the silence, catching Omen off guard. 'Oh great...' He sighed once more, but this time it was more of a displeased sigh. He was glad the other wolf sounded happy, but he wished it didn't have to be so close. He just wanted to be left alone. However, he did also want to make an effort to get to know his packmates, and that wasn't going to happen if he kept avoiding them. He decided to follow the direction the howl came from, soon arriving at the waterfall. It didn't take long for him to see the wolf. This guy appeared to be enjoying himself, and Omen didn't want to ruin that. Maybe he should just go back...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tags: @Naveen
Notes: I hope you don't mind me dropping a socially awkward Omen in here.
Banner credit: cooltext.com.
Omen
Omen
Mentor

OOC Name : Zawki
Site Rank : Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Naveen الكن Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:04 pm

The red dusted wolf is so caught up in his jubilant song that it's not until he's finished that he notices he's not alone. Naveen trails off the last note with a smooth howl, letting it resonate down across the lake while he lightly pants to catch his breath amidst the thin oxygen. A change in direction of the wind casts a somewhat familiar scent his way; new but unmistakably a pack member. They smell like the den, like home where the pack rest and gather around their Alpha. Tail already starting to wag the streamlined male turns around on the boulder at the dark, dusky sight of the pack's distinguished Mentor. He feels a tad silly, having been caught in such a way while he sung his praise of Spring across the pack's turf. Ears pulling back sheepishly he utters a soft, bell like laugh as he hops down from his perch.

"Ah, forgive me--Omen, correct? I've been cooped up too long, I don't do well in during the cold seasons...I hope my yodeling didn't wake you." while they haven't interacted very much, he has seen the Mentor napping from time to time. It would be a shame to start making a bad impression on the honorable elder wolf now, Naveen wishes to learn a thing or two from the older male.

@Omen

Naveen الكن
Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Omen Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:42 pm

Elevated  99aea710
Omen was just about to slink away, but it seemed he had been noticed. "Ah, forgive me--Omen, correct? I've been cooped up too long, I don't do well in during the cold seasons...I hope my yodeling didn't wake you." Now he felt rather invasive, wandering in on his packmate's own alone time. "Oh, no, it's fine. I was already awake." He padded over to join Naveen, keeping about a couple of metres between them. "It really is a nice day." He gazed out over the cliff's edge. He knew the cliffs had been here this whole time, but he had never really visited very often. The view was nothing like what he was used to, but it sure was stunning. "Have you got any exciting plans for today?" He asked, turning back to Naveen.

Notes: -
Omen
Omen
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by Naveen الكن Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:55 pm

It pleased him to know he hadn't rudely awoken the gentleman and the Medic bows his head in charming greeting as his tail persists to wag. He's always pleased to be in the company of any of the pack. They all bless him with their strength and their hearts, they trust him when they aren't feeling well or if there's been an injury. Just as the Medic trusts any of his pack members to defend him he knows he can depend on them and vice versa. This new pack member before him hasn't yet gotten to know the lean wolf and now the Medic sees an opportunity to get to know Omen better. It can't be easy trying to settle in to a new pack with completely new terrain. As the Mentor gazes out over the waterfall the Arabic wolf's black lined eyes slide in that direction as well, once again admiring the land. "It is and I feel energized by the sun as well as your presence. I'm grateful you came to our pack, Omen." they needed such a gentle yet firm presence in the pack, more glue to bind them all together as it were.

At the question he turns his head to look at the stormy wolf again, smiling up at the taller, scruffy male. "Besides making a fool of myself? Hehe...I was hoping to go down to the bottom of the waterfall here to try and explore the cave hidden behind it. There are rare plants that grow there, full of minerals. If you're free, would you mind going down there with me? I could use a spotter and I would be happy to show you more of your new home." Naveen offers with his red brushed ears perking up as he tilts his head at the larger brute.

@Omen

Naveen الكن
Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Omen Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:29 pm

Elevated  99aea710
This wolf seemed very nice. Omen was glad he had come to visit, giving a slight wag in response to Naveen's kind words. He was soon intrigued when Naveen began to explain his plans of visiting the cave behind the waterfall. "If you're free, would you mind going down there with me? I could use a spotter and I would be happy to show you more of your new home." 'All the way down there?' Omen thought to himself. He peeked over the edge once more. The cliffs looked so steep. Regardless, he wanted to help this wolf, and maybe test his own abilities whilst he was at it. "If there is a way I can assist, I would be glad to help. Do you know a safe way down?" He wasn't really scared, but he decided to stay on the side of caution just in case. The last thing he wanted to do was report to Sath that their trusted medic needed a medic of his own. Hopefully Naveen knew exactly what he was doing and this would all go smoothly.

Omen
Omen
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by Naveen الكن Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:33 pm

Naveen isn't going to push the matter if the Mentor doesn't appear interested in the activity. Surely it's overwhelming to come into the pack anew. The Medic had been there himself although as a social butterfly he found himself comfortably flitting between wolves and keeping track of names within the ranks. Omen's name is most certainly one that stood out to the Arabic mix, along with the dark, brooding features. He's waited long enough to try to bond with his new pack member and this Mentor should get to know the layout of the land. His body still looks to be in fine form and the trek, while dangerous, isn't impossible. Just last summer the Medic traipsed the journey himself downward. It had been tricky with the dry, crumbling rocky trails so with spring coming in and dampening the earth, firming it after winter's return to hibernation. His eyes brighten and he wags his tail even more quickly when Omen agrees! Wonderful, he can show his own resourcefulness while observing the pack's newcomer. Large ears perking up his maw splits in a smile as he utters a grateful whine to the male.

"Oh thank you, most wonderful! Stay behind me, I know a way down. It's only wide enough for one wolf of your size. I will test the rocks ahead of us and warn you if something's amiss." his ears lean backwards as he beams up at Omen before turning around to trot off to the right of the falls, going down where the cliffs thicken somewhat into a downward slope. Not at all enough for a herd or an entire pack, however individuals could indeed tread carefully down this way. At the start of the trail he smiles over his shoulder at the opposing male. "It helps to brace your haunches, lean your rump back on the way down. Don't lock your legs in case you need to leap back." he carefully advises the sooty male, not wanting to lead anyone in Lawa Pack astray. Naveen then faces the trail and takes his own advice, lowering his head as he begins the slow trail down. The sight below is astounding with the lake and flowers...the falls are next to them so he has to yell somewhat over his shoulder to his companion, "Are you familiar with many herbs? Any flavors you don't care for?" he'd hate to concoct something revolting to another wolf!

@Omen

Naveen الكن
Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Omen Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:02 am

Elevated  99aea710
Omen was relieved that Naveen did indeed seem to know how to traverse the cliffs safely. He followed the smaller wolf, placing each paw carefully but with little hesitation. Now that he could roughly see where he was supposed to go, he was actually quite excited to see this mysterious cave. His ears perked as Naveen began to speak once more, trying to make out every word above the rush of the waterfall. "Are you familiar with many herbs? Any flavors you don't care for?" Omen, if being completely honest with himself, didn't know the first thing about individual herbs. Because he spent so much of his life as a loner, he had never had a medic to look out for him before. "I'll carry whatever you need. I'm sure there's nothing in that cave that will be too much to handle." His thoughts trailed off for a moment. 'Don't bears like caves?' He had no idea how one would even get down there, but caves were popular things, and they could be hard to come by. It wouldn't surprise him if some other creature had found it, even if it was just a bat.

Tags: @Naveen الكن
Omen
Omen
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by Naveen الكن Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:15 am

Naveen hasn't spent much time around Mentors before so he almost feels clumsy in the moment. He wonders what's this enigmatic Omen's story is, but feels that subject matter should come naturally from the other party despite his budding curiosity and desire to know. It satisfies the Medic enough having the dark, brooding male here and now in the Lawa Pack. The red wolf wags his tail at just how beneficial it will be having not only a pack-mate, but a Mentor around. Being a bit younger, Naveen could get too hasty in his actions and make a mistake. Surely the grizzled brute following him down the trail will pipe up to put the invigorated, Spring loving wolf in line if things get out of paw. "I'm sure we'll be fine with such a strong wolf such as yourself to ward off any danger!" he compliments the newcomer, pleased to have the pack numbers growing and the chance to better get to know Omen. With his paws delicately lowering themselves on the path, testing it for his companion, the Medic is relieved to see the path widening a few inches. It's definitely firmed up since last summer when he came down to inspect the lake at the bottom of the falls.

A sudden aroma tickles his nose and the herbalist's ears perk up. He knows that warm, pungent scent! It always reminded him of spicy carrots, or whatever that would smell like. "Ah, wait Omen, I smell--there. Western juniper. It's almost ripe, I'll need to come back down here in a week to harvest it. Those with ailing lungs or pained joints need it the most. I just love the way it smells, too." he finds himself rambling and clamps his jaws shut with a mindful roll of his eyes at himself. Naveen should be bonding with Omen, not boring him with blather. The juniper plant is growing sideways from the cliff, living comfortably off the sprays of the waterfall that just barely brush where the roots can reach or retreat. "Have you been to our hot springs yet? They're fantastic any time of year!"

Naveen الكن
Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Omen Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:20 am

Elevated  99aea710
"I'm sure we'll be fine with such a strong wolf such as yourself to ward off any danger!" Omen paused for a moment at Naveen's compliment. For a moment he had a bit of a flashback, remembering the battles he had lost in the past. His lack of strength was actually one of the few things he wished could have been different, but he decided to stay quiet as to not stomp all over Naveen's false sense of security.

Omen liked the sound of this western juniper. "I might need some of that myself!" He said with a lighthearted chuckle. He was fortunate not to be experiencing joint pain yet, but he knew it was more common in the elderly. It seemed Naveen was trying not to get carried away with his excitement for the herb, as he soon changed the subject. "Have you been to our hot springs yet? They're fantastic any time of year!" The dark wolf took another step down the cliff as he responded. "As a matter of fact, I have. It may be a long journey, but the view of the night sky is amazing up there." He glanced to the side, looking to see how far they had left to go before they reached the cave. He was somewhat excited to see how big this mysterious cave was, and what it may contain.

Omen
Omen
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by Naveen الكن Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:16 pm

He's gotten used to always being the smaller one in most interactions, it used to haunt him now he embraces it. His frame allows for alarmingly agile movements which often befuddle any prey or rival. Naveen could have gone in another direction in life such as scout, or even hunter, yet his passion lies in the earthly roots of the healer's calling. When Omen jests about the juniper the younger man chuckles and shakes his head. "I can smell that you are years from that!" he mockingly chides his companion. Naveen himself had need of the plant to allow his fragile lungs to adapt to Lawa Ridge's atmosphere which differed from his parents' territory. The falls were getting gradually louder as the pair descended closer, legs gently taking them further along the trail. His paws leave hardly any trace in the damp earth and he's grateful it remains firmly under their claws. At the opposing male's answer he smiles in knowing delight.

"I haven't been able to venture there at night by myself, too worried about a big cat sneaking up on me...we should go together sometime. The stars must be amazing from there and that water is divine." his body is able to adjust itself, leveling out more instead of having to walk with his head and shoulders sloped downward. Now the steepness has begun to even out as larger rocks surround the trail, leading to the lake's shore. Naveen remains tightly against the gathering of boulders, climbing atop of one to delicately sniff the air, sneezing once as some mist from the falls tickle at his whiskers. "Alright, we're close! I got out of shape over the winter, that was harder on my shoulders than last time." shaking his pelt free of thicker water droplets the Arabic red wolf is able to turn now that there's much more space, smiling at the wise Mentor. "The rocks lead behind the falls so we don't have to leap a distance or even bother swimming there. Thank you so much for accompanying me, Omen. It's been too long since I've spent time with the pack." he blames the cold seasons for keeping him locked away from the others, naturally.

Naveen dips his head to take a quick drink from a small pool of water formed from the cascading falls. The crisp water refreshes his parched throat as the Medic waits a moment in case Omen wishes to slake his thirst as well before slowly making his way to the cave. It's a short distance from the lake shore they exited by yet the red male takes time to sniff out the mouth of the cavern. He can't smell any large predators, just a few bats...although, there is another scent he can't quite place his paw on with how much spray from the falls that keeps jarring his olfactory sense. With a dissatisfied snort the red tinted lupine finally enters the cave. When his eyes adjust to the low light he inhales sharply at the sight before him. "Oh my--Omen, come look--it's radiant..." the slender male exhales in wonder, careful to keep his voice low so he doesn't disturb the dozing bats on the ceiling. There are bunched quartz crystals with a faint blue glow to them thanks to the lightly glowing blue mushrooms sprouting along the cave's floor toward the back of the area. There are tall, thin orange crystal towers, possibly citrine as well as groups of amethyst rock. The area was sparkling like the night sky.

@Omen

Naveen الكن
Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Omen Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:59 pm

Elevated  99aea710
Omen stopped and shook his pelt before following the smaller wolf to the little pool of water he had found. He lapped up a quick drink before pausing, gazing out to the horizon. Lawa Ridge really was a unique place, and this massive lake sure was different to what he was used to. It amazed him how the water seemed to go on with no end in sight. Once he had taken a moment to admire the view, he turned his head to make sure Naveen was still close, and slowly padded after him as he began to approach the cave. "Oh my--Omen, come look--it's radiant..." He peeked his head round the corner as Naveen spoke, stepping into the entrance and widening his eyes in awe as he took his surroundings. Omen opened his jaw and was just about to respond when he stopped rather abruptly, his dull yellow eyes squinting as he tried to focus on the shadows deeper into the cave. For a moment he thought he saw something move. He took another sniff of the air. The scents in this cave were very confused, but something felt a little off. He stepped forth and stood beside Naveen, his body tense as he spoke quietly. "I have a feeling we're not alone."

Tags: @Naveen @Cedar
Omen
Omen
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedar Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:57 pm

It's unnervingly quiet inside the cavern, though she dare not make a sound lest she disturb whatever lurks within. She'd come to the falls merely to bathe in the cascades and feel them roll over her back and neck, a soothing way to spend her downtime. Though accustomed to the rough loner life, Cedar never forgets her self-care. But when she discovered a passage behind the falls, she couldn't resist her curiosity. So she shook out her damp fur and ventured in.

Nothing could prepare her for the wonder waiting for her inside. The interior was just faintly illuminated by bioluminescent fungi unlike anything she had ever laid eyes on, their dim light reflecting on the crystalline structures all around. The way the crystals glimmered like constellations was a truly a marvel, but as far as Cedar was concerned, it was the mushrooms that were the real stars. With such vibrant color, she had to wonder if they were poisonous at all.

Some mushrooms were toxic enough to take out a bear in mere minutes, while others were perfectly harmless. It was often a guessing game, though Cedar had her ways of learning. Experiments with small prey animals as her testing dummies reveal quite a lot. Perhaps she should harvest a few of these and trap a rabbit to test them on—

Immediately she jolts up when she hears a faint thudding reminiscent of pawsteps, ears perked and eyes darting for the source. She cannot smell very much. The scents in here were... muddled to say the least, and Cedar already did not have the best nose. Either way she knew someone had followed her inside. She finds easy cover behind a small rocky outcrop, ducking all the way to the ground.

Quiet, she peers just past her cover, watching for whoever else is there, but she can't see much yet.
Cedar
Cedar
Medic

OOC Name : Alex

Back to top Go down

Post by Naveen الكن Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:00 pm

Sights such as these affirm to him that the land and its spirits bless them. There must be some wondrous force behind all of this natural beauty! Speaking of, he could have sworn he recognized that underlying scent with vague rosy notes. Before the Arabic red wolf has time to connect the dots amidst the wonder the stern voice of the dark wolf next to him pulls the tiny male to his senses. Eyes widening in alarm he instinctively takes a step in towards Omen, hackles lightly bristling while he touches sides with the larger brute. Well, more like his upper shoulder and flank grazed the Mentor's lower side and belly.

"No, we're not...but...this company...", his eyes narrow as he inhales the air again and this time takes a brave step forward with a dawning smile, "This company is most welcome. Miss Cedar? Is that you? No other wolf smells as radiantly as they look, surely it's you?" he coos warmly into the twinkling cavern, light paws darkening a shade as he steps into a shallow pool of water. His toes take great care not to disturb any of the mushrooms, he needs them! No time to forage now as he wishes to get closer to his pack and see if it's indeed the lovely Cedar in here with them.

By now Naveen's hackles have diffused back down along his spine and narrow shoulders. Instead he perks his ears, head tilting as he wags his tail gently in greeting. "It's Naveen and Omen, no need to be wary my dear. We didn't mean to disturb you."

@Omen @Cedar

Naveen الكن
Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Omen Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:06 pm

Elevated  99aea710
'He knows this wolf?' Omen glanced at Naveen, the tension in his body slowly fading. He had not yet met Cedar, but if the way Naveen reacted was anything to go by, she was no threat. However, he couldn't help but wonder what brought the wolf down here. It wasn't exactly a normal place be. He could only guess she was also a medic in search of herbs, or maybe she went exploring and stopped for a rest. Not that it really mattered. He may not have been expecting to have more company, but he wanted to make a good first impression, so he followed Naveen's words with a comment of his own. "We won't bite." 'Unless we have to, that is..,' he thought to himself.

Tags: @Naveen @Cedar
Omen
Omen
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedar Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:52 pm

Her ears flicker forward at the sound of voices. A familiar pleasant lilt calls her name and says, No other wolf smells as radiantly as they look, surely it's you?" And of course Cedar has to preen at the flattery. Indeed, she does smell as radiantly as she looks! How sweet of him to notice. She peeks over the top of the rock she hides behind, catching sight of the one who addressed her.

Why it has to be none other than Naveen, with that sonorous tone of his and generous compliments. And of course, Cedar would never forget a wolf that is even smaller and lighter than herself. especially when paired with such striking grey and fiery-ginger fur. The bluish ambient light reflects beautifully on it, highlighting his petite frame.

"It's Naveen and Omen, no need to be wary my dear. We didn't mean to disturb you," says Naveen.

His company follows, "We won't bite."

Cedar climbs over top the rock she once used as cover, now as elevation. There is no need to hide from these two gentlemen. "Well, you two certainly gave me a startle. I'd thought I'd been followed by a pair of brigands and was afraid it'd be my end," she says with a chuckle, looking down at the two men from her perch.

Naveen was accompanied by another wolf, who he called Omen. His dark, grizzled form is difficult to make out in full in the low light, but he seems reserved. "I don't believe we've met before. Omen, was it? My name is Cedar. Pleasure to meet you." She dips her head politely in greeting, then she hops down from the rock and pads closer to the pair, watching her step.

"You wouldn't believe this place, Naveen. Look at the mushrooms, I've never seen anything like them!" she tells him, her tail wagging in excitement.  "I can only imagine what amazing things lie even further in. Who knows, we might even discover the cure for distemper."
Cedar
Cedar
Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Naveen الكن Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:37 pm

Naveen feels a bit guilty that he couldn't make a proper introduction between the two unfamiliar wolves, but now was a good a time as ever. The Medic had come here to seek herbs, now he's found so much more than simply resources with the company of fellow pack wolves. Tail wagging in glee at the gentle coaxing remark from Omen, he pricks his ears to peer over the gathered luminescent crystals and damp rocks to try to spot the she-wolf. The lady with such striking marks appears over the rocks with natural, graceful ease. He watches her wistfully, wishing for such wonderfully long legs--but reminds himself they've all been built with beauty, he shouldn't be so envious.

He laughs lightly at her explanation, "Oh no, no Cedar. We would have come to your rescue long before then, right Omen? Two strapping studs to the rescue." he playfully winks at the dark pelted male before smiling at Cedar. It would appear that the lady shares his own excitement for being in the cavern, he mirrors her thrill. "Aren't they amazing? Those are Nocturne's Dream. In a small dose it's safe to use for those who have trouble sleeping, but too much of a dose will put you too deeply into slumber so your body ceases being...unless you are given the remedy which grows nearby. It must be deeper in the cave, it's called Morpheus' Horn. It's a luminescent root used to invigorate the body and heal wounds as well as illness. A far-cry from distemper, I'm afraid." he chuckles wryly.

With a skip in his step the jubilant lad wags his tail at them both. "Let's press on, my friends! I only smell a few bats so far...I say we go deeper, I bet you we will find even more wonder to bring back to our Alpha as well as the pack." with his spirits uplifted the Medic turns about face to venture forth. The cavern tunnels are comfortably wide enough for four wolves to walk through, so Naveen has plenty of space down here compared to that perilous journey down! He's glad he had Omen watching his back. It wasn't normally safe to come down here alone although the stubborn Medic has chanced it for herbs. Bats chitter lightly and their breath thickens down one tunnel, so Naveen keenly avoids going down that direction. All around them are glowing crystals and the mushrooms seem to be growing in clusters!

Tag: @Omen @Cedar

Naveen الكن
Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Omen Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:10 pm

Elevated  99aea710
Omen found himself simply nodding in response whenever the conversation seemed to come his way. Under any normal circumstances he probably would have just left the two wolves to chat, but that didn't seem like an option right now. Unsure what to say, he glanced around at the scenery once more. Everything was so... mystifying. This cave was like nothing he had ever seen before, and the subtle glowing intrigued him. "So, how deep is this cave?" He questioned, continuing to look around. He was unsure if either of the medics had ever ventured right to the back, but he was curious to know more about this place.

Tags: @Cedar @Naveen
Notes: Sorry it's kinda short, it's late and I'm tired.
Omen
Omen
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedar Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:16 am

Naveen tells her he and his friend would've surely come to save her before any brigands would have the chance to lay a paw on her. The phrase 'two strapping studs to the rescue' makes her chuckle. "Of course, how could I ever have any doubts? Surely such a dashing duo would come charging in right in the nick of time. My attackers would never stand a chance!" Cedar slumps down into a sit and delicately poses a paw over her forehead. "And all the while I would watch from the sidelines and swoon, 'oh, my heroes!'" She places her paw back down on the ground, unable to contain her grin. Of course, she loves the opportunity for some theatrics and she loves even more the chance to let her imagination run wild.

Picturing Naveen and his friend Omen as a pair of gallant adventurers rescuing lovely damsels from dark caves is fun. It makes her wonder how well both men handle themselves in the face of danger. She can't imagine Naveen fights much better than she does. Though Omen is a larger than them both, he looks rather thin and grizzled. Surely past his prime.

Naveen is just as excited as she is about the luminescent blue mushrooms. It looks as if he's familiar with them! "Nocturne's Dream..." she repeats thoughtfully, leaning down to a small cluster of mushrooms sprouting up from the earth, committing their name and appearance to memory. Her fellow medic explains their soporific effect. "It sounds potent," Cedar notes after he mentions the potentially permanent slumber these mushrooms can lull one into on overdose. She filed that little tidbit away for later.

There is apparently a remedy for a Nocturne's Dream overdose. Still crouched down by the mushrooms, she glances up at Naveen with perked ears.  "It must be deeper in the cave, it's called Morpheus' Horn. It's a luminescent root used to invigorate the body and heal wounds as well as illness. A far-cry from distemper, I'm afraid."

Cedar tilts her head and smiles. "Ah, but that's just as amazing, isn't it? This Morpheus' Horn... it sounds multipurpose, like a panacea," she says, rising back up. Her tail sways at her hocks. "We're very lucky to live in a land with such wonderful treasures."

"Let's press on, my friends! I only smell a few bats so far...I say we go deeper, I bet you we will find even more wonder to bring back to our Alpha as well as the pack," says Naveen before leading forward.

"You might be right, Naveen. Just look at what we already found and we'd only just started," Cedar says, trailing not far behind. Between the Nocturne's Dream and this mysterious Morpheus' Horn, she could only imagine what other wonders lie within. She must say, bringing back a few of these things for Sath to see isn't a bad thought, especially if she can impress the alpha with her foraging skills and bravery.
Cedar
Cedar
Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Naveen الكن Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:25 pm

The hidden wonders behind the waterfall were certainly worth the trek down from the cliff side. Surely there are more amazing secret caverns throughout these canyons, although who's to say if they were still accessible? They would need to further delve into their currently observed cave for treasures. It held much promise and his nose keeps twitching, there's definitely more ahead of the spelunking trio. He glances over his shoulder to get a visual of the dark pelted Omen when the Mentor chimes in. "I've never ventured deeper than the first cavern there, too worried about getting hurt if I go too far alone. It must go on for at least a good part of the pack's territory above us." the other two don't seem to be deterred by the softly glowing tunnels ahead, he's glad to have them with him down here.

At Cedar's acting display of playing along the part the Medic laughs gently. She can toy around all she wants, he is more than certain she could hold her own for a time if need be in such a dire situation. Still, there's no way the pack would allow her to face such alone. They're one now, each with their strengths and weaknesses at the ready. When the gorgeous she-wolf voices a plant similar to Morpheus' Horn he nods in earnest, tail wagging. "Oh, yes like that! Good comparison, I didn't think of that. It'd help out the pack if we manage to return with some." and what fun they could have exploring this place together! The cool breeze coming from further in only intrigues the little red wolf. There's definitely more beyond the sparkling crystals and soft glow from the mushrooms. His ears twitch again as they pass by another cluster of bats all bunched together, sleeping until it was their time to hunt in the night sky.

Stepping alongside both Omen and Cedar, he feels a surge of energy, nothing can stop them now. They are the Lawa Ridge Pack. His tail elevates with his uplifted spirits and emboldened demeanor. Loose dirt and a few pebbles roll under his thickly padded toes as they press on. Crystal spires that are nearly transparent with black and blue swirls spiraling around them begin to form along the tunnel walls. Naveen's eyes widen as he pauses to look at his reflection in one, easy to do with the glowing light coming off of the crystals surrounding them. He swears there's a translucent figure behind him and for a split second his heart stops. Were there spirits in there?! It's a moment later he sees the figure move and sheepishly realizes it was the lovely Cedar shifting behind him. Naveen wags his tail, lightly snorting at himself as he looks ahead at the tunnel, the light is dimming further down now.

He turns his head and roots around, finding a loose glowing crystal on the cave floor. Pawing it close he looks up at the other two with a bashful expression. "Do...either of you believe in spirits? My parents taught us we should honor our ancestors so that they will guide and protect us. If we were to misbehave the spirits would be sent to us out of scorn." he is genuinely curious to know what the other two would think, although doesn't want to make either one of them feel uncomfortable. The Medic clamps his jaw around the glowing crystal and goes onward into the dark, tail bobbing and head tilted up to give the other two light.

@Omen @Cedar

Naveen الكن
Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Omen Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:43 am

Elevated  99aea710
It was strange journeying alongside a couple of medics. Omen felt very out of place, but he hoped his presence would help the others feel safer, even if he wasn't much good at fending off danger. At least he wouldn't have to worry if he got hurt down here, being surrounded by healthcare professionals and all. This whole place was so unusual to him, but then it didn't seem that he was the only one in awe of the cave's mysterious interior. He followed his companions quietly, admiring the cave's crystals as Naveen and Cedar's herbal conversations echoed around him. 'How do they even remember the names of some of this stuff, yet alone what it all does...' Even if he didn't understand what they were talking about, he respected what they did for the pack.

"Do...either of you believe in spirits? My parents taught us we should honor our ancestors so that they will guide and protect us. If we were to misbehave the spirits would be sent to us out of scorn." Omen flicked an ear, realising the conversation had moved away from all the herbal gobbledegook. He gave his head a light shake. "I follow my own guidance. I do sometimes wonder where those I used to know are now, but otherwise I do not feel connected to those of my past." He never had been one to believe in anything like that unless he had seen it with his own eyes.

Omen
Omen
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedar Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:59 pm

It would be very good for the pack if they were to bring a few samples of this Morpheus' Horn with them on the way out indeed. An herb that potent and wonderful was best brought out into the open and shared with the world, not left to sit in a cave beneath the falls... Cedar makes a note for herself to visit this spot more often, though if it is usually as unsafe as Naveen makes it sound, she may want to bring along some company for the next time.

It's rather humid and muggy down here, perhaps because this cave is just under a waterfall. That must be why there's such an abundance of plants down here. Her ears twitch as Naveen explains he's only been as far as that first cavern they'd just been exploring, as he was afraid something might happen if he were to venture too far in alone. Indeed, this is the perfect place for a wolf to go missing.

"Well, you have no reason to worry now. So long as the three of us stick together, we'll surely be safe. And if the worst happens and we stumble upon some terrifying beast, there's no shame in running," says Cedar. Though there is strength in numbers, escaping from danger rather than trying to face it head-on was probably their best best. Neither she nor Naveen were the biggest or strongest wolves, and Omen, well... he's past his prime, to put it bluntly. With a smile, she adds in good faith, "But let's hope it never comes to that, yes?"

From what the other medic says, it sounds like they're delving into a rather impressive network of caves. It does make Cedar wonder just how far they'll be able to delve in today, or if they'll end up discovering another entrance. She finds herself feeling rather excited.

"Do...either of you believe in spirits? My parents taught us we should honor our ancestors so that they will guide and protect us. If we were to misbehave the spirits would be sent to us out of scorn." Naveen asks a question that is quick to grasp Cedar's intrigue and pull her attention away from an intriguing crystal spire. Clear and reflective of the ambient light, that looks shattered on the inside but is perfectly smooth when she touches the pad of her nose to it.

Omen seems more of a skeptic when it comes to such matters. No gods, no ghosts, no heaven or hell, no nothing. How can something be real if you cannot see, hear, smell, or feel it for yourself? Cedar hums at first, then adds her own input. "You and I feel similarly, Omen," she says, looking towards the dark male. "Where I grew up, we were taught to believe in things like divines and holy spirits. If we are good in this life, paradise awaits us in the next one, and if we sin we are to face eternal damnation and hellfire..."

Knowing the culture she was raised in and the way the monarchs were, it was probably a tactic to scare wolves into submission. Besides, no god has never done anything for her. After a momentary pause, she says, "To me, these things are all children's tales."
Cedar
Cedar
Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Naveen الكن Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:53 pm

The last time he came down here he didn't dare go so far into the tunnels and now he's excited to be sharing the first experience with his new pack members. It isn't that the herbalist dislikes alone time, but with such wonders there are no words that can be said, only felt. Although it is comforting to be traveling in numbers. He would hate to think what would happen to any lone wolf wandering too far and getting caved in, or even lost. The lady healer with them voices the option of running and they could all certainly do that, making sure no wolf was left behind! After curiously asking the opinions of his companions he waits for a heartbeat, hoping they won't laugh. Instead they answer back with genuine words and no scorn whatsoever in their tones. Omen's answer was rather diplomatic, but not unexpected from the Mentor. He's surely been on this world long enough to be confident in such words and the smaller male takes note, nodding at it. That must be a rather peaceful existence for the stormy pelted wolf.

His cinnamon freckled ears swivel to take in Cedar's words and the Arabic mixed wolf's naivety shows through his shocked expression. He couldn't imagine such a fate being promised or having that fear looming over his head all of the time! He takes a moment to set down the glowing chunk of crystal towards a long since dimmed cluster, ears perking to see that it responds in kind by lighting up. How queer, just as the other healer's upbringing seemed. "That sounds oppressive. I'm glad you're free now to follow your own way." he must remind himself that there are other packs out there who, while religious, can become overzealous and domineering in their traditions. Naveen plucks up the makeshift lantern again to keep moving.

His own experience may have been more positive but that doesn't mean everyone has such memories. Gathering the opinions of his pack mates is dire for him to get to know them properly as well as to know what not to delve into in the future. He doesn't want to seem as though he's trying to ever convert anyone, that's always felt weird to him. Up ahead the tunnel widens with the mushrooms growing in tighter clusters together as well as those crystallized stalagmites dripping glittering water from above. The dank air has him breathing a bit more than usual, but not enough to alarm him that they should turn back. It's just going to get a little bit humid as they venture forth. Now the tunnel splits into two ways and here the Medic slows, uncertain of which direction to go. When he nears one of the entrances a ring of crystals lights up in response to the one he carries while the other tunnel remains dark. Glancing back at his companions he raises his brows in silent inquiry. Do they take the lit path or the gloomy dark?

@Omen @Cedar

Naveen الكن
Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Omen Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:50 pm

Elevated  99aea710
The dark wolf nodded at Cedars words. "I can quite easily imagine a power-hungry wolf trying to controlling others in such a way. No need to assert dominance if they already fear standing up to you. I once heard a tale of a river monster, but that was probably just to stop the pups from getting too close and being swept away by the current. Fear is strong, which is why I don't let it get the better of me." There was a fine line between courage and recklessness, but Omen would gladly have either of them over living in fear.

It seemed Naveen wanted opinions on the path to choose. Although he did like the dark, Omen certainly didn't like deep dark caves where they had no clue what they may encounter within. He would still follow his companions, whichever path they chose, but the lighter path certainly seemed like the best option to him. Besides it being easier to see, he assumed it would have better conditions for plants to grow, whatever they may be. He took a step towards the lighter tunnel, indirectly gesturing which he thought they should go down. He turned to Cedar, wondering what her input on the matter may be. She seemed to know what she was doing, so he trusted her judgement more than his own.

Omen
Omen
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedar Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:35 pm

Naveen looks shocked and even describes the ways of her old kingdom as 'oppressive'. He doesn't even know the half of it. If the spiritual abuse wasn't enough, then the authorities had no problem using brute force. He tells her he's glad she is free now. Cedar hums and nods. "That's all a wolf can ask for, really," she says, looking down as she searches the ground for anything of interest, watching her step in case any delicate specimens were lying underfoot.

Omen has much to add on the subject. In fact, his insight is very on-the-nose, which tells her he is a very sharp man. "Yes! That's exactly what it is.  A means of control, and an effective one at that." Wolves are scared to die and scared of what comes afterwards. The fear of suffering for the rest of eternity is enough to keep many wolves in line.

He mentions having heard stories of river monsters and the like, stories meant to scare pups and sway them away from danger or bad behavior. "Fear is strong, which is why I don't let it get the better of me," he says, a bold and admirable statement.

"And that, my friend, is how we tell wolves apart from sheep," Cedar says with a pleased smile. Good to hear Omen is no coward. He had been rather quiet to begin with, but she finds the more he speaks, the more intrigued she becomes. "This river monster story... I'm curious to hear more about it." If nothing else, it'd be welcome entertainment while they spelunk.  Not to mention it's a good chance to get to know her packmate better.

Before long, the trio comes to a crossroads. Two paths lay before them, one dark but the other illuminated not unlike the crystal cavern they were just in. It looks as if Naveen is uncertain which path to take and he looks back to her and Omen, leaving the choice to them. Omen takes a tentative step towards the light, but Cedar goes towards the dark. She smells little else but dirt and humidity (though it's likely that her poor nose is unable to pick up on more) and she knows very well that fungus and certain plants take very well to dark, moist places.

Besides, she's heard enough wild tales to know appearances can be deceiving. In damn near every story she's heard, the path that looks the safest and easiest always ends up being the one that gets the hero dead somehow.

Before she ventures in, she stops right before the dark tunnel and turns around to face her companions. She stands confidently and wears a bold smile. "Alright gentlemen, what do you say? Shall we brave the dark?"
Cedar
Cedar
Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum