The Lawa Ridge Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplay Info

Year 1
Spring (March-May)

RP Status: OPEN!
Current Plot: N/A
Character Limit: 1

Latest topics
» Double Entendre
What is worthy  EmptyWed May 20, 2020 6:47 pm by Guest

» The Count-Up Game!
What is worthy  EmptyTue May 19, 2020 8:23 am by Omen

» THE FALL OF MAN: Animal Masters/Pet Humans RPG l No App
What is worthy  EmptyMon May 11, 2020 4:16 am by Guest

» Word Association
What is worthy  EmptyFri May 01, 2020 7:42 am by Arsa

» Coffee vs. Tea
What is worthy  EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 6:40 pm by Shadow

» low risk
What is worthy  EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 11:12 pm by Cedar

» hum of the ocean
What is worthy  EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 6:53 pm by Arsa

» Square One
What is worthy  EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 1:11 pm by Guest

» The Banned Letter Game
What is worthy  EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 7:08 am by Omen

» The Wolf Game
What is worthy  EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 12:24 am by Cedar

» Cool Down
What is worthy  EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 7:58 pm by Cedar

» INFIDELIS: A Modern Street Dog RP
What is worthy  EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 9:51 pm by Guest

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

What is worthy

2 posters

Go down

What is worthy  Empty What is worthy

Post by Naveen الكن Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:41 pm

The Medic earnestly weaves his way through the bushes surrounding the densite, barking hastily over his shoulder at any remaining pack members that he was going to gather some very much needed herbs. A number were still slumbering as the sun had only risen an hour ago, however the dainty wolf had been silently moving around the pack, nosing around at the herbal caches from winter to see what they were most lacking in ways of plant medicine. With the coming of spring time and warm weather it would mean a wonderful hunt to fatten up the pack. It also meant energetic wolves will get careless in their movements and Hunters, or even Guardians, could get in a tough spot. He hopes there won't be any troublesome rogues this season. Nothing that their Alpha couldn't handle, especially with the Guardians there to back her up. The rest of the pack as well. Even Naveen despite himself being so small, he would defend the pack with every last fang and claw.

It's his duty to restock those reserves and to make certain the bees are able to do their jobs further so that there could possibly be a few herbal hybrids by summer, or at the very least a stronger generation of flora all around. Cinnamon haunches vanishing in the bushes he trots through the dirt trail until he makes it to the thick forest that shields the pack's territory. Here he can smell a myriad of not only plants, but animals thriving as well. This is an ideal location indeed for the den site to situated next to. The trees buffer the pack from the elements as well as houses plenty of resources for them. Naveen is grateful to have found his place among the Lawa Pack. Loping along the start of the forest trail he pauses to relieve himself against a tree before moving on. They all would need to keep the territory well marked to get their point across to loners as well as to keep track of one another. His light paws gently drum the land as he trots off towards a pleasant looking glade, nose twitching as he seeks out a blooming bushel to begin digging around it in earnest.

@Arsa

Last edited by Naveen الكن on Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

Naveen الكن
Medic

OOC Name : Pesty

Back to top Go down

What is worthy  Empty Re: What is worthy

Post by Arsa Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:23 pm

ársa
The young morning had been a blur to the beige male who occupied himself with more endless journeying through the territory and a little beyond, determined to seek out everything that was offered. That had been his routine the past few days, and while it had begun as the refreshing, revitalizing start that kicked off his day and set a pleasant scene, the routine fell stale. He had tried to make it an effort to rearrange the process and explore the various paths that his legs would mindlessly carry him down, but all of it began to make him feel negligent. Though for the moment, he lacked a rank and its shadowing duties, he had always had a knack for taking responsibility into his own hands and manning the reins himself. Able to keep it moderate to not overwhelm himself, it always gave him something to put his sluggish mind towards, rather than dwell on what was already far out of reach.

He didn’t have that, though, and it did nothing but weigh down his chest. He figured that he owed his fellow packmates a visit at the densite, the heart of the territory, a place where his presence was scarce. His lips dropped into a heavy frown as he slowly, cautiously approached. The feeling of misplacement tingled his skin. Upon pausing all movement, he felt, for a brief moment, that he didn’t entirely belong. The surrounding wilds were serene, and he usually would be lost in the sound, disappearing with the quiet, but everything was destined for change.

He drew in closer finally, enough to discern the small details and fractures in the rock and tree bark that held up the structure. It didn’t take long for his attention to be averted elsewhere as a flurry of barks emitted from around the densite. A much smaller cinnamon-furred wolf appeared, someone who Ársa did not recognize. His saddened eyes widened. He was alerting the others of a herbal scavenger hunt, and the old male’s ears perked at that, watching the red wolf swiftly disappear into the underbrush. Before he could second guess himself any more, he began after the stranger while maintaining some distance between them.

He observed as the wolf ahead of him slowed down, and he eventually did so too as they approached a clearing. “Hello? Excuse me,” he called out slightly winded after his little pursuit. He offered the other male a small pleasant smile nonetheless. “I heard you were doing some herb gathering.” He paused to look around the clearing momentarily. “Would you mind having some company?”

TAGS: @naveen
NOTES: n/a
Arsa
Arsa
Medic

OOC Name : Jay
Site Rank : Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Naveen الكن Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:09 pm

Naveen hadn't meant to rush off in such a way, but he must hurry and beat the rabbits and deer before they eat away at all the good greens after he's gathered this root! It feels astounding to get his paws dirty again...the land during fall is so bleak and it's locked off in the winter. He's felt so restless though now the sun has returned to bring back radiant life to the land, boo the cold seasons! A necessary evil as far as he's concerned. While literally rooting around the Arabic wolf hadn't noticed someone following in his wake after a time. He first noticed a bright shape out of his peripheral vision which he wasn't familiar with, the sun dappling a few highlights on the being before that deep though patient voice reaches his ears. Naveen's startled since he doesn't think he's heard this male speak before being even fresher to the pack than their Mentor. While they haven't interacted yet he has collected the moon struck wolf's name before. Mild surprise melting to an expression of friendly invitation the Arabic wolf wags his tail.

"Good morning, Arsa. Some company would be very welcome, you can get more familiar with Lawa's forest, too." not to mention they could become more familiar, Naveen gives a wistful gaze at the tundra wolf's thick coat with such white and gray shades. It must be so warm in the winter, not at all like his red short fur which shields him from nothing! "I'm Naveen, one of the pack's Medics. Do you know what position you wish to take up in the pack?" he lightly questions, always avoiding things like the past or prying too personally. He turns his body to politely face the Arctic male, wanting to make him feel welcome. While the Medic himself came into the pack fairly young the older adults no doubt have had more hardships to endure in order to get here and the Arabic wolf wishes to be mindful of that.

Naveen الكن
Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsa Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:51 pm

ársa
The stranger—his packmate—spoke, and when Ársa's name left his lips, the male instantly perked further up, having been taken off guard. He had not at all expected this male to remember his name nor to even have heard it before, but it left a fizzy feeling of gratitude fostering in his chest. His mixed expression of slight caution yet mutual kindness eased more into the latter as he approached, his frayed nerves abated by the red-tinged male's words. His pale ochre eyes gave him a glance over, noting the unique state of his amalgamated fur. His orange eyes were striking but gave off an amiable glow as he confirmed that company was indeed welcome on his search. Ársa was glad that his measly tagalong presence was welcome, but he kept it restrained behind a slight idle smile.

"I'm Naveen, one of the pack's Medics. Do you know what position you wish to take up in the pack?" said the male who turned to face Ársa. His mind lingered on the question asked but he pushed it off to the side momentarily. "Naveen," he nodded in acknowledgment. "It's a pleasure to finally meet one of Lawa Ridge's Medics," he trailed off for a few seconds as his eyes drifted to the foliage that encompassed them. "As a matter of fact, I'm pursuing medicine myself; herb scouring is among my favorite pastimes - both calming and rewarding," he said idly before raking a white paw through a patch of thick grass just off to the side. Looking back to the slight red wolf, he asked, "did you have any specific herbs in mind? I am not too familiar with these woods, so—" he chuckled in defeat. "My assistance may be all but helpful in the meantime." The old male gave Naveen a sheepish but genuine smile. "But I'm still always willing to help."

Arsa
Arsa
Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Naveen الكن Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:33 pm

The rather runty male has long given up hope of being around another adult of his own size save for light bodied females and his own kin. Still the size of the brute is impressive and Naveen feels diminutive in comparison. Only physically! The pack are all one who seek to better themselves along with their Alpha while said leader uplifts them. That being said he does hope to garnish a positive first impression with Ársa. Such an impressive addition will be beneficial to the pack, this brute seems rather genteel and well-spoken. Not to mention he's actively sought out to accompany the Medic which shows promising initiative for any pack member. He's not used to such a cloudy pelted wolf either and paired with those smoldering embers for eyes makes for a striking comparison. When it's revealed that this wolf is cut from the same cloth his tail wags as those broad ears lift.

"The pleasure is mine and you're in the right place for that. This land has much to offer." he quiets to enjoy the songbirds in the canopy above serenading the sunlight with the presence of Lawa's newcomer. "I can always use help for herb gathering, your eyes and nose will detect anything we need before I do, surely! Right now I'm digging down for some ginger roots. After this we'll need a couple others..." he muses, glancing back to the broad leafed bush he was digging at to reveal some roots. They would only need a few chunks and would respectfully remove the roots in a way the plant wouldn't be harmed and could produce more for the coming seasons. "I have to admit, I think getting in the dirt is my favorite part. It's refreshing and brings me absolute peace. That and freshly dug earth smells heavenly." Naveen turns to smile at the aspiring healer, "What's your favorite part of herbal craft?"

@Arsa

Naveen الكن
Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsa Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:10 pm

ársa
The old male listened intently as Naveen explained to him the objective and even went as far as to say that Ársa's eyes and nose would be quicker than his own. He couldn't suppress a soft, humble smile at the comment but gave the red wolf a small dismissive shake of his head though he kept his mouth shut. This young male barely even knew the tundra wolf yet he was already conjuring speculations about him. The thought made him hum softly to himself, but again, he dared not protest. "I appreciate the thought," he said genuinely. "But being closer to the ground also has its advantages," he joked good-naturedly, referring to the man's short stature as he widened his smile by a hair. "Ginger roots? I... don't think I can recall my last encounter with the plant," he admitted as he approached the other wolf.

"I have to admit, I think getting in the dirt is my favorite part. It's refreshing and brings me absolute peace. That and freshly dug earth smells heavenly," said Naveen with a smile to which Ársa graciously returned. "I can vouch; there's nearly nothing more refreshing. It's a lovely way to get absorbed in the world around you," His hazy gaze drifted up to the canopy where the brilliant sunlight filtered in through the leaves, casting a marvelous glow onto the two souls and through the woodland that stretched further out and beyond. Naveen asked what the beige male's favorite part of the craft was, and it sent him into his thoughts to reminiscent and formulate a response he would be personally pleased with. "Health and maintenance were essential and highly prioritized in my natal pack. I am very grateful that I was introduced to the endless possibilities at the age I was, but I fear that I am nowhere near as adept as I once was." he mused, his tone heavy.

He looked back at the other man. "But it has helped me greatly in my years of walking these plains, and I felt it necessary to at last reconnect with what inspired me to expand my understanding of the world." His thoughts became idle as he downcast his eyes to the sprouting foliage around them. "It has brought me love and peace," he smiled, though it failed to reach his eyes. "How about you?" His voice turned more sympathetic but no less pensive as he carefully observed. He suddenly became more intrigued to learn where the latter began, and why.

Arsa
Arsa
Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Naveen الكن Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:13 am

With the pack growing in numbers he feels his confidence solidifying within himself and the pack's Alpha, Sath. Their souls were all drawn to this land and the she-wolf to lead them. She's a young leader, but this is a young pack. Age doesn't matter anyhow. It's the heart that's brought to the table that makes the difference as well as the spirit. And Lawa is filled to the brim with spirit, practically overflowing now with the variety of wolves they have. Ársa's arrival only confirms that the pack is where it needs to be and they're all coming together at the right time. He cannot wait to see what they all accomplish here. At the opposing male's teasing remark the red wolf utters a blooming laugh which has his tail wagging, sunlight dappling through the branches above to catch the hazy red tint along the smaller male's sleek pelt. "It most certainly comes in handy! I tend to find what I need very quickly." he wouldn't have it any other way. He used to curse his tiny stature until he realized he could fit into tight spaces many couldn't. It's led him to a number of secret gardens tucked away by thick prickly bushes or boulders.

The reflected joy of getting one's paws in the dirt is evident in Ársa as is an immense level of patience that radiates from the tundra wolf's voice. Those eyes hint at much more wisdom than the other is leading on, surely just memories locked away, most likely by choice, needing some care like a plant that goes without drink for a time. He's honored when a sprinkle of Ársa's birth pack is shared; so they were obviously aware of their bodies and quite mindful of them! "I would love to learn more of your training sometime. It sounds as though your family were incredibly conscious." when a question is in turn given to the Arabic wolf he smiles sheepishly before glancing back at the ginger bush, gently leaning down to begin raking the dirt away again with his left leg, careful to push the dirt in the direction opposite of his pack member. "I was unsure of myself for a while as a yearling, couldn't decide if I wanted to scout or hunt. At that time my mother took me aside and showed me her craft as a healer. She helped me temper my frustration and instead nurture compassion. The others revered strength and I found my strength in the plants." he shares cheerfully, it had been a confusing but marvelous time as a yearling, even with the teenage angst.

An acrid scent fills the glade and Naveen looks up at the aspiring healer. "Ah, here's the ginger root! Will you help me gather a few pieces? We'll cache it under the leaves to gather on our way back. It's best to take the roots from the end, they're older and will store better." there should be a number of nice thick chunks since they were frozen solid over the winter.

Naveen الكن
Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsa Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:11 am

ársa
The delicate smile that adorned his lips broadened as his humored remark elicited a laugh from Naveen. He was somewhat relieved that the other male received it so positively. “That, I can imagine, it does,” he nodded in regards to his response, a little chortle following his words. “Everyone is given their own little angle of the world because of it.” When the red male tossed out the idea of training, Ársa's ochre eyes flitted up from the fresh soil underfoot to meet his striking gaze, noticeably thrown off guard by the proposal. Though it was a minuscule request, a little suggestion conjured by admiration, it was a concept that he wasn’t very accustomed to. He had regularly been the one to be taught and he would tell and apply his knowledge without question. His time spent with medicine had taught him that the craft was a solitary, often lonely commitment.

His mind hung on the last part of the male's sentence regarding Ársa's family. His smile lingered, "they were, and that taught me much more beyond these beautiful, flourishing plants."

The beige male began to finally, carefully, abrade the dirt, his eyes focused but tawny ears swiveled towards his male counterpart as he began to reminiscent himself. Ársa had been pulled into the craft at the age he was able to run and it was approached like second-nature. It was like he and his brothers had entered an entirely new world as their lives were redirected to navigate the endless routes of herbalism and the potential that lined the path. He couldn’t be any more grateful that he was introduced to it. He was pleasantly surprised to hear that the other male was initially focused on something other than medicine, and that was one thing that he couldn’t resonate with. It made him wonder momentarily where the red wolf would be and what he would consider significant if he had pursued a different passion. Ársa failed to envision it. Naveen struck him as someone remedied for the herbal craft. It furthered his curiosity. "How long have you been in Lawa Ridge?"

The strong scent swiped the old male just as quickly as it did the male at his side, and he was quick to speak up about it. He turned to look at Naveen as he explained their next course of action, and he immediately nodded in agreement, not willing to give no for an answer. “Of course.” he concurred under his breath as he lowered his nose toward the ginger root, mindful to thoroughly observe it before making any rash decisions that could bring harm it. He did just what the other man had advised, gently pulling at the base with the very front of his mouth to uproot it.

Arsa
Arsa
Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Naveen الكن Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:25 pm

There's nothing more natural to him than to have his paws covered in dirt, but he'll be very careful to groom himself later so he doesn't track in too much into the den. It might besmirch the Arctic wolf's cloudly pelt and that would be a shame. He doesn't want to seem overbearing to his new packmate although he most certainly hopes some training will be a possibility in the future. The cool shade provided by the trees in the early morning is blissful and he finds it nearly has Ársa's coat blending in with the early mist still lingering, slowly dissipating as the sun warms the forest surrounding the pack's home. It didn't take him very long to recognize this place as such and the Medic inwardly prays that all of the newcomers become comfortable in finding their place among the ranks. He then smiles at the pale wolf before him, pleased to see his mentioning of family hadn't caused any melancholy within that gentle golden gaze. Nothing but acceptance and tempered patience was to be found in those eyes.

At Ársa's question he sets aside a chunk of root to make a small pile with whatever the opposing gentleman was gathering before replying, "Roughly...five months now. I had been wandering for a time after making my own way and while foraging mushrooms, was set upon by a boar. It's squeals and my own cries were heard by Sath who came to my rescue." his ears drop as his shoulders do, tail going limp at his heels. That had been a harrowing escape for the two and a terrible first impression on the Arabic wolf's part. He had endangered another by not paying attention! "Sath saved me from the boar and I spent the next couple of weeks tending to her injuries. She's a very stubborn patient, I constantly had to remind her to slow down, rest...it earned me an invitation into the pack at least." his tail picks up and begins to wag gently once more as he works side by side with Ársa.

"Excellent, that should be enough for now. Your fangs are so gentle, wonderful work Ársa." now to tuck the plant back into it's soil bedding. Naveen lifts his foreleg and gently pulls the dirt back over the ginger, paw brushing the Arctic male's thanks to the Medic's timing. Lightly clearing his throat the Arabic lad moves over to the abundance of ginger root, nuzzling it against the base of a nearby tree to hide it for the trip back to the den site. "Now we just need to find hairy arnica. The flowers should be open this time of year, keep an eye out for yellow blossoms on tall, hairy stalks. Afterwards, would you like me to show you more of the forest? There's a stream we can refresh ourselves at as well."

@Ársa

Naveen الكن
Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsa Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:54 pm

ársa
At the other man's voice, Ársa looked up from the ginger roots he had dug up to look at him, but his movements continued as he gently pushed a piece of root aside. His face contorted with sorrow at the mentioning of a boar attack, and the implications of what could have gone completely awry. He nodded at Naveen's assessment of their alpha, a soft humored chuckle following afterward, but he didn't say anything further. He backed up at the other male's evaluation of their job well done, and he looked down at him to give him a reciprocating nod of proud acknowledgement at the compliment. "Thank you, Naveen," he replied humbly, watching the mentioned male professionally tuck the roots away to return to sometime later.

He mentioned hairy arnica, Ársa's mind instantly flashing an image of the flower, a small smile broadening his face. He looked around for a moment before stepping back to assess more of the area. Naveen mentioned that he was willing to show the old male more of the forest, and a stream. His expression of contentment remained as he looked back to the latter. "I'd love that," he looked up again. "I haven't really explored much of the woodland yet. My fascination has been captivated by the territory's vast fields and beaches. Easily my most favorite areas so far."

Arsa
Arsa
Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down