The Lawa Ridge Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplay Info

Year 1
Spring (March-May)

RP Status: OPEN!
Current Plot: N/A
Character Limit: 1

Latest topics
» Double Entendre
forget-me-nots and marigolds and other things that don't get old EmptyWed May 20, 2020 6:47 pm by Guest

» The Count-Up Game!
forget-me-nots and marigolds and other things that don't get old EmptyTue May 19, 2020 8:23 am by Omen

» THE FALL OF MAN: Animal Masters/Pet Humans RPG l No App
forget-me-nots and marigolds and other things that don't get old EmptyMon May 11, 2020 4:16 am by Guest

» Word Association
forget-me-nots and marigolds and other things that don't get old EmptyFri May 01, 2020 7:42 am by Arsa

» Coffee vs. Tea
forget-me-nots and marigolds and other things that don't get old EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 6:40 pm by Shadow

» low risk
forget-me-nots and marigolds and other things that don't get old EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 11:12 pm by Cedar

» hum of the ocean
forget-me-nots and marigolds and other things that don't get old EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 6:53 pm by Arsa

» Square One
forget-me-nots and marigolds and other things that don't get old EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 1:11 pm by Guest

» The Banned Letter Game
forget-me-nots and marigolds and other things that don't get old EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 7:08 am by Omen

» The Wolf Game
forget-me-nots and marigolds and other things that don't get old EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 12:24 am by Cedar

» Cool Down
forget-me-nots and marigolds and other things that don't get old EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 7:58 pm by Cedar

» INFIDELIS: A Modern Street Dog RP
forget-me-nots and marigolds and other things that don't get old EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 9:51 pm by Guest

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

forget-me-nots and marigolds and other things that don't get old

2 posters

Go down

forget-me-nots and marigolds and other things that don't get old Empty forget-me-nots and marigolds and other things that don't get old

Post by Cedar Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:00 am

It's been about a week since she started staying with the pack. The injury that had forced her to depend on these wolves was healing over, still rather tender but she could get around just fine. Right now, she is looking for herbs to gather. After all, she should make herself useful while she stays here lest the rather handsome alphess take her for some sort of freeloader. Though, she suspects the alphess might think her beauty is a worthy enough contribution. Now that's a thought she doesn't mind entertaining. With a smirk and contentedly swishing tail she presses forward, taking in the sights and scents of the forest.

Dappled light filters through the trees, illuminating her path, until she ventures into an open area where the sweet fragrance of wildflowers greets her and pulls her further in. Hundreds, if not thousands, of little flowers dot the landscape with white and light yellow, all bathing in the sunlight with few clouds or trees to deprive them of its warmth. Cedar draws in a deep breath, before letting go of a gentle sigh. She smiles and walks among them, until eventually she drops herself down to roll in a patch of clovers and daisies, a bit of freshening up after these past weeks have been so rough to her.

After enjoying a good, vigorous rolling, she just lay flat on her side, legs hanging loosely in front of her, eyes peacefully closed. It's warm here, with the sunlight shining directly on her plush fur. She doesn't much want to move, and for once, she has nothing to worry about.
Cedar
Cedar
Medic

OOC Name : Alex
Site Rank : Member

Back to top Go down

forget-me-nots and marigolds and other things that don't get old Empty Re: forget-me-nots and marigolds and other things that don't get old

Post by Naveen الكن Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:46 pm

Spring is the busiest and blessed time of year for the diminutive male. There are so many plants in resurrection after their hibernation, or passing on their next generation of seedlings. He's been lucky they've had so many helpful newcomers come into the pack. A few of the herbal caches have already been filled thanks to the efforts of two of the pack's newest additions; Omen and Ársa, both males which pique the wayward gentleman's interest. He will have to get to know each newcomer of course, they all have crossed paths together in Lawa Ridge and the Medic is curious of everyone. Loping through the forest after gathering a mouthful of horsetail grass he slows down as a very new scent reaches his nose. It's barely touched with pack scent but there's no doubt--there's a pack member up ahead!

Ears perking up his tail begins to wag rapidly behind those cinnamon flecked haunches. Naveen's yellow eyes light up as he suddenly starts to bound along, possibly looking rather fox like were anyone to spot him leaping through the bushes and grass. He slows down as the scent gathers to a serene opening with plenty of flowers abound--not to mention a drop dead gorgeous looking she-wolf. Her markings are striking and he wishes she would open up her eyes so he can compare the color to her coat, he's certain it matches. With a smile he drops his head, opening his jaws to release the bushel of horsetail that he's made. Approaching from the lady's front he lowers his body slowly, keeping a respectful distance away as he lowers his ears meekly with his tail wiggling behind his rump before uttering a gentle whuff in case she hadn't already been aware of his presence.

"Forgive me miss, may I join you for a time to relax? I'm one of the pack's Medics, Naveen. Sath told me a beautiful she-wolf just joined us, but she never shared your name."

Naveen الكن
Medic

OOC Name : Pesty

Back to top Go down

forget-me-nots and marigolds and other things that don't get old Empty Re: forget-me-nots and marigolds and other things that don't get old

Post by Cedar Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:34 pm

Her ears flick at the buzzing of bees bumbling about, though she is otherwise unperturbed. They're only doing their work and it is they who we must thank for these beautiful flowers... and delicious honey of course. Cedar likes to be bad and indulge her sweet tooth every now and then.

She doesn't realize she's not alone until a gentle bark catches her attention. The sweet fragrance from all the flowers made it hard for her to sniff out anything else. Quickly, Cedar gets to her paws and shakes out her coat to dust herself off. Her ears perk when she sees the wolf approaching her. To her surprise, this one is actually much smaller than her! She thinks for a moment it's a petite young woman, until the stranger speaks.

"Forgive me miss, may I join you for a time to relax?"

Oh, it's a man! He's very pretty for a male, with his sleek figure and striking pattern. The fiery cinnamon dusting his mane and hackles catches the sunlight beautifully and matches his bright ember eyes. She can appreciate beauty wherever it can be found, even if this man is a bit small for her liking. Cedar offers him a smooth, kind smile and sits back down with a wagging tail. "I don't mind at all, sir. Days like these are best shared with pleasant company."

He introduces himself. "I'm one of the pack's Medics, Naveen. Sath told me a beautiful she-wolf just joined us, but she never shared your name."

Cedar can't help but straighten up when the wolf, Naveen, tells her Sath had mentioned her. Not only that, but her beauty as well. She can't quite hide her smile, which is some combination of proud and sly. "Is that so? I'm surprised she neglected to mention it, or maybe she just wanted to keep that knowledge all to herself..." She chuckles. She wouldn't be surprised if Sath wanted to keep more than just Cedar's name all to herself. She's seen the way the alpha looks at her. "My name is Cedar. I must say, you are rather lovely yourself, Naveen. You said you were a medic, yes? It looks like we will be working together from now on."
Cedar
Cedar
Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Naveen الكن Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:30 pm

It's not often he finds other wolves in the forest surrounding the pack's home. Those who are drawn here have a touch of whimsy to them as well as introspection. The woods tend to be inspiring in such a way. There's a kindred spirit that draws them all back to nature and he can feel a peaceful sense emanating from the reclined lady. Goosebumps tingle beneath his fur when she sits up--the way the sun highlights her fur shows how rich the coloring is in that glossy coat. The coloring reminds him of the arid though beautiful canyons he roamed to get here, although he finds her shade much more delightful. He didn't spook the woman by arriving since his bark alerted her first. When she spoke he finds that the woman's tone matches that serene visage.

She seems rather pleased to hear that the pack's leader has mentioned her already to which he knowingly smiles. It's very nice to have someone in power eying you up. It'll be interesting to see what becomes of Sath and Cedar being in close proximity. The Medic will have to wait to see how the story unfolds. He's just happy to have met the newcomer even more so once he hears she's also a Medic. Ears perking up he yips gently, tail brushing over the flowers behind them to make them sway and dance. Her compliment to him has the lithe male ducking his head humbly with his ears pulling back. "Why thank you Cedar, lovely to meet you! There are very lush patches of land around the forest if you ever wish to plant anything." he's done a light bit of gardening himself and has begun to do so within the territory, prepping the land for the more useful herbs and flowers.

He steps forward to lightly sniff noses with Cedar, looking up at her in doing so and admiring her markings. "I've never seen markings like yours, you must have had many suitors clamoring for your attention on your way to us." he teases after stepping back to enjoy the sun warming his haunches, coyly tilting his head but saying no more than that. Naveen won't pry although the potential gossip is tantalizing. He wants to know more about his pack mate after all. "Do you have an interest more in remedies or the toxins that rival them?" a fair question among their trade.

@Cedar

Naveen الكن
Medic

OOC Name : Pesty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cedar Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:17 am

Cedar's ears perk and her bright green eyes light up when Naveen tells her of some lush, arable land in these woods. However, the part that intrigued her most was him saying something about planting things. This wasn't something Cedar had ever considered trying, and damned, she wishes she would've thought of it herself. "Oh? That's actually genius... You'll have to show me how to plant sometime," she suggests. Just think of all the possibilities — she could have her own garden of such beauties as aconite, oleander, lily of the valley, and ah... maybe even azaleas? She'd never need to worry about her supply running low or the need to forage constantly if she can care for her crops well. Not to mention the aesthetics. Gods, she could arrange them so beautifully.

Perhaps settling somewhere has its advantages. There's no point in learning to garden if you're going to abandon what you plant in just a few short days, but she imagines the payoff after spending a year or so tending the land will be absolutely extraordinary. Yes, Naveen must show her! Were she a human woman, she might even be willing to show him a bit of bare skin if he needed to be convinced.

"I've never seen markings like yours, you must have had many suitors clamoring for your attention on your way to us," says Naveen, a suggestion which has Cedar avert her gaze and giggle coyly, playfully swatting a paw.

"Oh, stop, you're making me blush." She's not actually blushing but it's not like anyone can see that. She stretches out a foreleg for Naveen to see, emphasizing the dark lines that ran down their length. "Where I am from, every wolf has markings like this. Though, I do suppose such patterns are rare in this land." She is the only Iberian wolf she's ever seen since leaving her homeland, after all.

She draws back and thinks of Naveen's teasing little comment. Cedar lets out a soft huff from her nose, muzzle creasing just slightly as an asymmetrical smile tugs at her lips. "But... you aren't wrong about the suitors. I had a number of men, and even women, who wanted to win me over, but I don't give myself to just anyone." Her smile grows and she squints, looking much like a happy cat bathing in warm afternoon sunlight. "I find many wolves love the challenge." It's no fun when it's too easy.

"Do you have an interest more in remedies or the toxins that rival them?"

Oh my, what a question. Well, she doesn't think too hard about how she answers this. The truth with all the less pleasant details smoothed over or given a nicer-sounding spin, as she prefers to do. "I prefer to study those that counteract poisons. Antidotes, yes." It takes her a moment to remember the word. "Of course, when studying such a thing, it is useful to know just what you're working against. Not to mention, knowledge is the best tool to prevent it from ever being an issue to start with."
Cedar
Cedar
Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down